Snow removal is a very common cause of back injury this season.
Here are some tips to prevent back injury this winter:
- Lift correctly
- Bend at the hips and not at the back
- Face towards the direction you are throwing
- Keep your hand closest to the blade as possible when lifting heavier snow
- Keep your back straight by pushing chest forward
- Warm up
- Warm up your muscles for 5-10 minutes prior to shoveling and stretch your hamstrings and back beforehand to prevent injuring cold muscles
Follow us for more tips!